Here it is, the finished project. This was the initial post for the skirt. After sewing this together 3 times, I am very happy with the outcome.
(sorry for the poor photos)
Details of zipper area:
The first time I sewed it together, the side seams needed to be narrowed as it did not fit at all like the photo, it was more of an A-line skirt and there was a severe "bubble" right down the back seam. So, I took the zip out and seam ripped the skirt back to pieces and altered the side seams and back seam. I then sewed the whole thing back together and the first picture is what I was left with. I was not happy at all with the "flounce". So, I took it off, cut out new pieces 2 inches longer and used hem lace to do the hem (to make it less bulky) and finally, I am pretty happy with the outcome. The material seems to be a little stiff to give a good flounce, but I wore it last night and was very comfortable and did get 2 compliments! Most of all, I am so excited that I persevered through this and came up with something I like as opposed to putting it in a pile to take to the goodwill! Yeah for me!