When choosing your home-dec material, here are some guidelines:
- make sure your home dec is 100% cotton
- get it without stain-guard
- don't use any fabric softner, this repells water (I never use liquid fabric softner or dryer sheets softners when washing my linens)
- 27"X19" piece of 100% cotton home-dec material of choice
- 4 inches cotton twill tape
1. Press 1/4 inch seam around material
2. Repeat step 1 to enclose raw edge
3. Cut ends of cotton twill tape as shown in picture:
Insert cotton tape into top right corner
so ends are flush with fold then pin in place.
4. Sew ironed hem down as close to inside edge as possible
making sure to sew folds at corners
And there you have it; your very own, one of a kind, custom-made tea towel in your choice of material!