This is another one of those projects I just cannot believe I waited so long to do. Since I saw a tutorial on how to fuse plastic bags, I've been meaning to do it. But this morning during my quiet time, the idea dropped into my head to not only do the fusion project, but to laminate paper cut outs in-between the layers of plastic.
The little leaves are the paper cutouts, the words are just from a bag that I liked that I included in the fusion process.
If you'd like to make your own fusion bag, here's what to do.
- follow this tut to fuse your bags together. Before fusing, add your own paper cut outs in between layers 3 and 4 of the plastic sheets (if the plastic is fairly opaque, put the paper cuts between layers 5-6)
- Once you have made enough fused "material", cut out two pieces that measure 13.5X16 inches (I sewed pieces of the fused material together to get it to this size).
- sew the 13.5X16 inch pieces together along the sides (13.5 inch edges) and the bottom (16 inch edges) with right sides together.
- Box the corners following this example
- sew a piece of bias tape around the top edge
- sew handles in place
*For those of you who are interested and make your own fusion bags, I have started a flicker group here to upload photos to!