I must say Ladies, you all are so very creative and passionate about your names! You have made it very hard indeed for me to pick a single and solitary name for my espresso machine. THIS is what I was up against, choosing from:
- Miss Ima Jitters
- Ada (my aid-a for waking up)
- Josy (a feminine cup of joe)
- Java Jane
- Sweet Caroline
- Gladys (twice) (highway cafe waitress in a red apron, not too nostalgic at all!)
- Mara (means bitter, um, not sure I want to speak that over my coffee daily, sorry Apryl)
- Expewso (I'm not even going to go into what this makes me think of!)
- Wilma Jo
- Dinah (twice)(I hadn't heard the song before, but now I'm enlightened!)
- Miss Roxy (rockin' the coffee fix)
- Anton (white shirt, black pants and apron, cloth napkin draped over forearm)
- Mr. Noisy
- Cafetera (Spanish for coffee maker)
- Maxine (the punkrocker)
- Spress-o (Wally's cousin,well of course!)
- Java de Hut
- Lady Latte
- Fraulein Maria
- Alice (from the sitcom)(four times)
- Pearl (classy, rugged yet polished)
- LaGrande Passione
- Marilyn Espresso
- Giada (sleek and Italian)
- Perchetta (per ket ta)
- Baba Budan (coffee hero)
- Kaldi (legendary discoverer of coffee)
- Lana Amaretta
- Mabel (has a sense of values and is reliable)
- Ms. Jolt
- Esther Espresso
Dang, they are all such great suggestions! I love the perfunctory remarks you all gave! Ok, so in order to choose just one, I first had to narrow it down to 3, (makes perfect sense, right?) And they are:
After a 15 minute conversation with my husband, this is what we decided.
Here is our conversation in part:
Me: (reading through the names and remarks)
Him: someone actually chose Stella? That's the name you thought of before you even got it.
Me: you mean her. not it, her.
Him: ok, well that's probably the only name I would remember anyway.
Me: you wouldn't remember Dinah or Perchetta?
Him: no, or Capprika
Me: (laughing) you mean Cappuchica? ooh, Capprika would be good!
Him: (smiling) no, it should be Stella
Me: yes, you're right. Stella is someone that could wear stillettos and take a shoe off and in one fell swoop send it flying across the room to hit someone in the head only to have it return to her like a boomerang so she could put it back on like nothing ever happened. Alright..., but I need to have some runners up as well.
(Here's the knock box cover I made this morning out of fused plastic so grounds won't be stinking up the place.)
So this is what I have decided to do. I'm going to send a kitchen set to Dayna who suggested Stella and to Stephanie who is the first to suggest Dinah and to Mairzie who suggested Perchetta, I want to make something for them as well.
I will be emailing you ladies later today to get the needed info from you!
Thank-you all for playing, it was so fun!