at the request of my sister-in-law. She picked out two different fabrics (she wanted two sets to interchange) and mailed them to me with no other requirements than they fit the window in her kitchen. My brother drew a fabulous photo with the window measurements and I went to work. Unsure of the liberty I actually had with the project, I called them, several times, to make sure.
Ruth assured me I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted, so I designed these tabby/polka dotted curtains to go with the tractors. I just couldn't help myself, I had to feminize them!
This next set was a little harder to work with since the fabric is soooooooooo masculine, but I'm very happy to say, I think I achieved my goal.
It's hard to see, but they have white ties at the top to put around the tension rod.
The embroidery (applique) action up close:
Lisa will be soooooo proud that I'm using my embroidery unit!
p.s., I got a phone call from my sis in law (hi Ruth!) and she loved both sets of curtains!